More and more companies see the need to dedicate a full-time resource to the work of creating and promoting content for the purpose of attracting, educating and converting new prospects.
However, the challenge of recruiting that person is high. What skills are important? What experience is critical? How much to I pay them?
An argument I’ve heard is “Oh we just can’t afford a content marketer”. I’d suggest for many businesses it’s simply a decision to change the focus of an existing marketing resource to focus on content marketing.
These questions and more are covered in a post I found today published by Digital Marketer called obviously “How to Hire a Content Marketing Manager”
Key points covered in the post include:
- Personality Attributes
- Skill Attributes
- Pre-Interview Tasks/Assignments
- Interview Questions
- Job Posting Template
Other great pieces on recruiting a content manager are:
- How to Recruit a World-Class Marketer for Your Startup
- 10 Marketing Job Descriptions to Recruit and Hire an All …
- How to Recruit the Content Marketing Dream Team …
- Outbrain | How to Hire a Rock Star Content Marketer
Have you had an experience recruiting a content person for your business? Would love to hear in the comments below.